Basically, here is what you need to budget for in addition to your LCD television in order to use it to its full potential:
1. A place to hang it or place it on a stand.
2. Input sources: DVD, VCR, video game console, satellite or cable box, blu-ray disc or HD-DVD player. In addition, most LCD televisions will accept an input from your PC (check the user manual or look at the input panel on the set to make sure in a specific case).
3. A sound system. Although almost all LCD televisions have an internal sound system, it is best to connect it to a home theater receiver for optimum home theater enjoyment.
4. A surge protector (which is good advice for any component in your system).
5. Connection cables to connect your LCD television with your other components.
6. A nice comfortable chair or couch to enjoy your new LCD television!