The Strata Mini’s are an incredible value for the price. We felt that at just under two grand, they were practically a steal. But they’re not for everyone. You certainly want to be aware of the elaborate setup process with the integrated sub. And the speakers make quite a visual statement, both in terms of the size and the fit/finish, so make sure your partner approves before having them delivered. The sound of the Strata-Mini’s was near-perfect. The planar magnetic array provided a beautiful, richly detailed character with a hint of warmth in the low-mids. The integrated sub blended perfectly and never got in the way. Overall, the Strata mini is a great speaker and highly recommended.
• Sweet highs
• Tight bass
• Overall beautiful sound
• Premium wood finish
• Big – won’t fit in many rooms
• Hard to understand owner’s manual
• Complicated setup
- Limited Edition – Only fifty pairs will be produced per month.
- Cabinet: Gorgeous real wood South American Rosewood veneer wrapped around a well-braced MDF frame.
- System: Four way, four driver direct-radiating system. Sealed enclosure except for the 8″ woofer which is ported via a flared slot.
- Drivers: Planar magnetic 1″ tweeter, planar magnetic 8″ midrange, 5.25″ mid-bass coupler, 8″ mass-loaded woofer.
- Amplifier: Built-in 350 watt class A/B for the powered woofer. Includes LINK cable so no additional speaker wire is required for connection. Features crossover, gain, variable phase and high level/low level inputs and outputs.
- Crossover Network: Includes air core inductors, polypropylene capacitors and non-inductive wire wound resistors. 4th order acoustic slopes on the upper end and 2nd order slopes on the bottom end.
- Crossover Points:
8″ woofer : 27 Hz – (user definable)
5.25″ has a 1st order high pass at 80Hz
5.25″ mid-bass coupler to 8″ midrange : 650Hz
8″ midrange to tweeter : 4100Hz
- Frequency Response: 27 Hz to 35 KHz (± 3 dB)
- Impedance: 8 Ohms nominal
- Efficiency: 86 dB (@ 1 watt / 1 meter)
- Dimensions: 47″ H x 17.5″ D x 11.5″ W (note on depth: 17.5″ is the deepest point at the bottom of the speaker. Depth reduces to 3″ at the top)
- Weight: 94 lbs each (315lbs total shipped/crated/palletized)
- Warranty: Three years